ISO 9001:2008 specifies quality system requirements to be used where an organization requires the ability to consistently provide conforming products, either material or services to meet a customer's expectations. The requirements are aimed at achieving customer satisfaction by preventing nonconformances.
Note:The ISO 9001 standard is currently under revision. All the latest on ISO 9001:2015 can be found on our blog.
The Benefits of ISO Registration
Regardless of your reasons for seeking ISO 9000 certification, these registrations should benefit your company. To gain the maximum benefits from the ISO process, it is essential that you receive cost-effective, professional services that add value to your operation. Some of the potential benefits are:
- Increased efficiency of your operations
- Cost savings from reduced rejected product and fewer warranty claims
- Continual improvement of the quality of your products and services
- Increased traceability and accountability throughout your organization
- Enhanced ability to examine how employees work and interact between functions
- Enhanced communication among employees
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Fewer customer audits and surveys
- Improved competitive positioning within your industry
- Increased marketability of your company and its products
- Perceived higher quality
- Recognition by your customers and suppliers that you have a first-class quality management system
- Improved return on assets
The Steps to ISO 9001:2008 Registration
- Learn What is Required by the ISO 9001:2000 Standard
- Select a Registrar
- Create ISO 9001:2008-Compliant Policy and Procedures Manuals
- Educate Your Employees
- Implement Your Quality System Policy and Procedures
- Conduct a Full Internal Audit
- Conduct a Management Review Meeting
- If the Internal Audit found Non-Conformances; Plan and Implement Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Submit Your Policy and Procedures Manuals to The Registrar for the Document Review
- Have The Registrar Perform an On-Site Pre-Assessment (optional)
- Have The Registrar Perform the On-Site Registration Audit
- If The Registration Audit finds Non-Conformances; Plan and Implement Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Registration Certificate is Issued: 3-Year Registration Cycle Begins
To order a copy of the ISO 9001 certification standard click here.
Download a PDF file of our ISO 9001:2008 Registration Services details.
Request a quotation today to find out how NQA can help you achieve your certification goals. Click here to get started.
Page content updated on 12/07/2013