What is AS 9003?
AS9003 – Inspection and Test Quality System, is intended to wnsure that the inspection, conformity and airworthiness of products are maintained.
Based on the ISO 9002:1994 Quality Standard, the AS9003 standard contains the minimum requirements for an Inspection and Test Quality System and was intended for use by small build/machine to print organizations. A quality system structured to include the AS9003 requirements provides the supplier with a system that defines activities required to support product integrity such as:
- Management Responsibility
- Documentation of the Quality System
- Controlled Contract Review and communication of requirements to production
- Document and Data Control
- Purchasing- guidelines for choosing and
- Control of Customer Supplier Product, tooling and raw materials
- Product Identification and Traceability
- Process Control- Methods for controlling manufacturing/build processes
- Inspection and Testing – First Article, In-process and Final Inspections and Test and the associated documentation of status and results
- Control of Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment
- Control of Nonconforming Product
- Corrective Action processes
- Handling, Storage, Packaging, Preservation and Delivery
- Control of Records
- Internal Quality Audits to monitor your system
What are the benefits of AS9003?
When your organization aligns with AS9003, it reaps the benefit of an effective and efficient quality system that meets Aerospace customer’s expectations. AS9003 registration can also provide a competitive advantage by:
- Identifying opportunities for operational improvements and cost reduction;
- Improved audit and surveillance efficiency;
- Reduced number of customer audits required, and a corresponding reduction in needed resources;
- Enhanced supplier performance due to higher quality, waste reduction, and a customer satisfaction focus; and
- Streamlined documentation.
Why NQA for AS9003?
NQA, USA is one of the first registrars to anticipate the benefits of AS9003 for the Aerospace Industry. The NQA, USA Aerospace Auditor Staff has a diverse background that ranges from Aerospace manufacturing through all aspects of in service operations and maintenance. The auditor staff experience combine of many years of experience in research and development of new products and experience in compliance with regulatory or governmental procedures.
Request a quotation today to find out how NQA can help you achieve your certification goals.
Click here to get started.
Page content updated 2/21/2014