2015 Revision Information
ISO/TC 176, the committee which oversees the ISO 9001 QMS standard, is currently reviewing the standard and release of the ISO 9001 revisions is slated for late 2015. The Committee Draft, ISO/CD 9001, was released in June 2013. The expectation is to have comments complete on this draft of the standard by September 2013, to be followed by the release of the Draft International Standard (DIS) in 2014 and the Final Draft International Standard (FDIS) and published International Standard in 2015. Industry sector specific standards such as the aerospace standard AS9100, medical standard ISO 13485, and the telecommunications standard TL9000 will likely be revised in conjunction with this "base standard" change, however each industry user group will review and make their own determinations.
As your partner in certication as well as an active particpant in the ISO/TC 176 process, NQA plans to keep our customers updated on the revised ISO 9001 regularly.
Several easy ways exist to keep your organization up to date on the ISO 9001 revisions for 2015:
- NQA Twitter – Follow NQA for short snippets of information and heads-up on transition status.
- NQA Facebook – ‘Friend’ NQA to see when news is available on changes, along with other interactive content
- NQA LinkedIn – Link with NQA, USA
- NQA Newsletter/Blog – Read detailed articles analyzing the new Annex SL structure and other changes as they are published.
- NQA Customer Seminars – Plan to join us for a series of face-to-face sessions when the changes become more certain. Details will be announced on the links above as well as being posted on our Seminar & Events page.
We have written this ISO 9001 Guidance Document to help you understand the registration process.
NEW: Click here to download the ISO 9001:2015 Revision Update presentation given by Tim Woodcome, Director of Conformity Assessment at our most recent Quality Conference. Have you signed up for the Summer 2014 Boston Conference? Don't miss it. Visit the Events Page for more information.
New Blog Post: Preparing for ISO 9001:2015 Using Your Current 2008 System by Andy Nichols.
Page last updated on 5/8//2014